GroupID 8.x – Self-Service
We would like to set 'semi-private' as the default security type on the Create Group wizard in the Self-Service portal.
We can set any group security type as default while still allowing users to select another security type when they create new groups in the Self-Service portal. We can also enforce a security type.
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Designs > [Required identity store].
- On the Create Object tab, select Group from the Select Directory Object drop-down list.
- In the Name list, select General and click Edit.
- On the Edit Design Category dialog box, select Security and click Edit.
- On the Edit Field dialog box, click the Advanced options link.
- Select Semi Private: Owner Must Approve from the Default Value drop-down list.
- If you want to enforce the semi-private security type, select the Is Read-Only check box. On the Create Group wizard in the Self-Service portal, the Security drop-down list would be disabled while displaying the default value.
- Alternatively, if you want to hide the Security drop-down list from a specific role, select the Administrator or Helpdesk role from the Visibility Role drop-down list. The Security drop-down list would be visible to users of the selected role as well as to roles with a priority value higher than the selected role. It would be hidden from all roles with a lesser priority value.
GroupID Online Help topic: Customize Create Object wizards