GroupID 8.x - Self-Service
You would like to limit your users to search only for User objects in the Self-Service portal's Find dialog box.
Users can launch the Find dialog box from multiple portal pages to search for objects to designate as user managers, group owners, additional owners, members, and more. By default, users can search and select users, contacts and groups for these designations. To limit users to search and select only the User object type in the Find dialog box, apply the Self-Service advanced setting: FindDialog.LookFor.
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Server.
- On the Settings tab, click Add.
- From the Key drop-down list, select FindDialog.LookFor.
- In the Value box, enter Users. Portal users will only be able to search for User objects on the Find dialog box.
To enable users to search for objects of multiple types, enter the name of each object type separated by a comma. For example: Users, Contacts, Groups.
- Click OK and then save the changes.
By default, the Find dialog box searches for all types of objects, including Users, Contacts, and Groups.
To limit users to search for objects of a single type, set the value of the FindDialog.LookFor setting to the name of the object type, for example, Users.
Now the Find dialog box will only display the User object type for searches.
GroupID Online Help topic: Using advanced settings