GroupID 8 - Self-Service
You would like the Self-Service portal to return search results sorted by a certain attribute.
By default, search results in the Self-Service portal are sorted by the display name. Once the search results are rendered, you may click on a column header to sort the results by that specific attribute. However, you may want the search results to be sorted by an attribute other than the display name as a default behavior.
This business requirement can be achieved by applying the following Self-Service advanced setting:
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Server.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Add; the Add Setting dialog box is displayed.
- Type or select the Search.Sort setting from the Key list.
- In the Value box, type the field name (attribute) by which the search results should be sorted.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Save the setting.
Impact on the Self-Service portal:
The Search.Sort setting applies to all search result pages in the portal, such as the Default Search, Group Search and Find dialog box searches.
By default and in the absence of the Search.Sort setting, objects on these pages are sorted by the display name attribute in ascending order.
After applying the setting, results are sorted by the specified attribute in ascending order. In our example, search results are sorted by the Department field.
GroupID Online Help topic: Using Advanced Settings