GroupID 8.x - Self-Service
We have a couple of groups that are owned by a security group in our Active Directory. Is it possible that members of the owner group can see their groups on the My Groups page?
This is a case when User A is a member of Group A and Group A is the owner of Group B. User A is now the owner of Group B. This is called nested ownership, or transitive ownership if you are a fan of discrete mathematics.
By default, the nested ownership of groups is not shown in the Self-Service portal. To display nested ownership, apply the Self-Service advanced setting: Search.DisplayNestedOwnership.
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Server.
- On the Settings tab, click Add.
- From the Key drop-down list, select Search.DisplayNestedOwnership.
- In the Value box, enter 1 or True to display nested ownership on the My Groups page of the portal.
- Click OK and then save the changes.
Suppose the logged-on user is a member of Group A and Group A is an owner of Group B. With this setting set to 1 or True, the My Groups page for the logged-on user also shows Group B as the logged-on user is its nested owner.
|Note:||Nested ownership is enumerated to the nth level; so it can be a toll on performance.|
GroupID Online Help topic: Using advanced settings