GroupID 8- Synchronize
Due to merger or union, you might be running multiple Active Directory Forest, using GroupID Synchronize you can Sync Users in Forest A as Users or contacts in Forest B and vice versa in order to have a Synced Gal.
Follow these steps to create a job for syncing mail-enabled contacts.
- In the GroupID Management Console, select Synchronize, right-click All Jobs, and select New Job.
- On the Source Provider page of the wizard, select Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP) – also supports Microsoft Exchange and enter the name and credentials of the source server. Click Next.
- On the Destination Page, select Microsoft Active Directory (LDAP)- also supports Microsoft Exchange and enter the name and credentials of the destination server. Click Next.
- On the Sync Object page, select Mail-enabled Contact or any other object type that you are going to create and then select the Create option button against it to create the object at the destination. Click Next.
- On the Select Fields Page, select the required attributes that you want to populate and click Next.
- On the Map Fields Page, you can map the fields according to your requirement.
- On the next page, Configure Notifications (If required).
- Finally, save and run the Job.
In this way, you can import contacts from an external forest.
Online Help topic: Creating a Job