How do we provide licensing information in GroupID 8.x when we have 1 or 2 GroupID modules or when we have the GroupID 8 Suite?
Here is the information on how we can license the product; we will also provide you with the information on upgrading an evaluation license to a full license.
GroupID can be licensed under any of the following three types of licenses:
- Evaluation License
An evaluation license allows you to evaluate all GroupID modules (Self-Service, Automate, Synchronize, and Password Center) in their test environment for a period of 30 days. The Reports module does not require any license since it is a free module.
- Module License
A module license allows you to use a particular GroupID module. You can obtain a module license for Synchronize, Automate, Self-Service, and Password Center. For Reports, no license is required as it is a free module.
- Full License
A full license provides you unrestricted access to all GroupID modules.
To use GroupID under any type of license, you need to have a license number and a license key. If you want to evaluate GroupID before purchasing it, you can obtain a 30-day evaluation license. After evaluating GroupID, when you purchase its module or full license, you simply need to enter your new license number and license key, and continue your work done through the evaluation license.
The license information is entered on the License page of the GroupID Configuration Tool.
- Licensing a New GroupID Server:
While installing GroupID, you have to provide a valid license number and key on the License page of the Configuration Tool.
A valid license and key enables the Next button. If the Next button remains disabled, check your entries for errors.
If you have licensed GroupID by module, provide any one license here. To enter another license, do one of the following:
- After completing the GroupID configurations, launch the Configuration Tool from the Windows Start screen and proceed to enter another license.
- Launch GroupID Management Console, run the Configuration Tool from the Configuration node, and proceed to enter another license.
- Upgrading from an Evaluation License to a Module/Full License
To upgrade the evaluation license version of Imanami GroupID to a module/full license version, contact Imanami Sales. You will be provided with a new license number and a license key. You just need to replace the evaluation license number, and can continue your work done through the evaluation license. The instructions below will guide you through the process:
- In GroupID Management Console, click the Configuration node and click Modify User Options.
- On the Options dialog box, click Licensing in the left pane and click Add on the License page.
- On the Edit License dialog box, type the license number for your module or the GroupID Suite in the Number box.
- In the Key box, type the key provided by Imanami for your respective license number.
- Click OK and relaunch GroupID.
On the License page, you can view the following information about a license:
- Status - Shows whether the license is valid or expired.
- Number - This is the license number that you entered.
- Key - This is the license key that you entered.
- Licenses - The number of computers this license is valid for.
- Module - The name of the module this license applies to. If a complete license was purchased, this will show All. Otherwise, the name of the particular module will be displayed.
- GroupID 8 Installation Guide-Windows Server 2008 R2 Family
- GroupID 8 Installation Guide-Windows Servers 2012 & 2016 Families
- GroupID Online Help topic: Entering GroupID License