GroupID 8 - Self-Service
Is there a way to hide the My Expired Groups link (or any other link) completely from the navigation bar in the Self-Service portal?
A Self-Service portal can run under five different functionality modes. The links available on the portal's navigation bar are shortcuts to different views, depending upon the functionality mode of the portal. The navigation bar is available on every page and forms the main navigational component of the user interface.
We can set an access level for each link on the navigation bar. The access level for a link determines which user role can view that link on the navigation bar.
In this article, we will hide the My Expired Groups link on the navigation bar.
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Designs.
- Select an identity store to customize the portal template for it.
All identity stores associated with the portal are listed under Designs. You can design a different portal for each of the associated identity stores.
- Click the Navigation bar tab.
- From the Select Mode list, select a functionality mode. The sections on the navigation bar get listed under Tab.
- Select Groups and click Edit.
- The Edit Tab dialog box is displayed. The links available in the Groups section of the navigation bar are displayed in the Links area.
- Select My Expired Groups in the Links area and click Edit.
The Edit Link dialog box is displayed.
- Use the Access Level list to set the access level for a user role. The My Expired Groups link would be visible to users of the selected role as well as to roles with a priority value higher than the selected role.
Select Never to hide the link from all users.
- Click OK to close the Edit Link and Edit Tab dialog boxes. On the toolbar, click Save.
- Log into the Self-Service portal or refresh it if you are already logged in to view the effect.
The My Expired Groups link is no more available in the Groups section.
- GroupID Self-Service Functionality Modes
- How To: Hide a tab from Navigation Bar
GroupID Online Help topic: Customizing the Navigation Bar