GroupID 8 - Reports
We want to install the Reports module of GroupID as a free tool. We are not licensed for GroupID, so is there a way we can use the free Reports module?
GroupID Reports is a free tool with a number of useful reports for Active Directory. GroupID Reports empowers administrators to analyze and monitor Active Directory and Exchange server activities, and collect statistical information about critical objects, thus enabling you to have an up-to-date picture of your directories and servers. The module primarily focuses on groups and distribution lists, allowing administrators to view their members, owners, last modified time, and so on. It also enables them to view the list of all users, workstations, and domain controllers along with their operating systems within an organization. You can also customize the format, scope, and layout of reports according to your requirement.
The service account needs permissions to read Active Directory data.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- x64 Processor / Intel® Pentium® IV (3.0GHz or higher) (Core i7 recommended for better experience)
- Minimum 8 GB of RAM
- 1048 MB or more hard drive space
- Run the setup file. This file is available in the GroupID installation package.
- First click Install pre-requisite software to install prerequisite software for GroupID Reports.
- Click Next to proceed to the next page.
- Select the Reports check box and click Next.
- Select the None check box for Exchange Server selection and click Next.
- Ready to begin! Click Install to proceed.
Now we are ready to install GroupID. The system will require a restart.
- Run the setup file.
- Click Install GroupID.
- Click Next on the Introduction page
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Specify the location where you want to install GroupID or accept the one suggested by the Installer, and click Install.
- After installation is complete, close the GroupID Installer and launch GroupID Management Console.
You are now ready to use the Reports module.
- GroupID 8 Installation Guide-Windows Server 2008 R2 Family
- GroupID 8 Installation Guide-Windows Servers 2012 & 2016 Families