GroupID 8 - Automate
- You want to send notifications to group owners when a group is updated by a scheduled job.
- You want to notify a specific group/distribution list when group membership is updated by a scheduled job.
You can schedule auto-updates for Smart Groups using a Smart Group Update job.
Create a Smart Group Update job in GroupID Management Console and enable email notifications to be sent to specific users or group owners every time this job runs.
To send Smart Group scheduled update notifications to group owners, the first step is to configure notifications for the identity store in GroupID Management Console. See Notification Configuration.
Create a scheduled Smart Group Update job and configure notifications for it by following the steps below:
- Create a scheduled job in any of the following ways:
- From Group: Double-click a Smart Group to open its properties and on the GroupID tab, click the Schedule button.
- From Scheduling node: In GroupID Management Console, click the Scheduling node. In the adjacent pane, expand Smart Group Update. Double-click an existing job or right-click and select New Smart Group Update Job to open the Edit Job or Create Job dialog box.
Create Job/Edit Job dialog box
The dialog box has three tabs:
- General: Provide a suitable name for the Smart Group Update job and click the Add Container or Add Group button to select the target groups/containers that will be updated by the job. Select a triggering time for the job by clicking the Schedule button.
- Authentication: Click the Provide Credentials button to provide Service Account credentials for connecting to the identity store.
- Notification: Provide the email addresses of users and groups you intend to notify every time this job runs. Use a semicolon to separate multiple email addresses (no space after semicolon).
In order to notify the primary owner, additional owners and Exchange additional owners of the groups processed by the job, select the Send Report to Group Owner(s) check box.
Under Send Report When, select the condition when the specified recipients will be notified. Options are:
- Always send report
- Only when job succeeds
- Only when the job fails
- Only when membership is changed
- Apply the settings and click OK.
- For testing, click the Scheduling node and expand Smart Group Update. Right-click the job and click Run to execute the job.
Online Help topic: Notifications - Overview