GroupID 8 - Self-Service
In the Self-Service portal, when you try to view the members in a group, a blank line is displayed in place of the member's display name. If you wait for some time, the view will return to normal and every member will be properly displayed.
If the OU of a user is changed through the ADUC console but the changes have not yet been replicated to the root domain and the Global Catalog, GroupID will display a blank line for that user rather than his or her display name. Similarly, in case of a multi-site single domain, the same behavior is observed due to delay in replication.
After a little while, as the changes get replicated, the issue will be resolved automatically. However, for an immediate fix, either minimize the replication delay or force the replication.
Option 1: To minimize the replication delay
- Launch Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Select Sites > Default First Site-Name > Servers > [domain name] > NTDS Settings. Then double-click the NTDS setting displayed in the right pane.
- Click Change Schedule, and change the replication schedule.
Option 2: To force the replication
Right-click NTDS Settings, go to All Tasks and click Check Replication Topology to force the replication.
After forcing the replication, you would be able to view all the members of each group properly.
|Note:||Follow the above steps for each site in Active Directory Sites and Services.|
- [Microsoft TechNET] How Active Directory Replication Topology Works
- [Microsoft Support] Initiating Replication Between Active Directory Direct Replication Partners