GroupID 8.x - Self-Service
In addition to the GroupID Password Center module, that is an expert of user account and password management, Self-Service also provides the functionality to reset the password for other users. By default, only administrators have the permissions; however, the permissions can also be assigned to any role.
- In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [Required portal] > Designs > [Required identity store].
- Click the Navigation bar tab.
- From the Select Mode list, select Enterprise.
- In the Tab list, select Users and click Edit.
- On the Edit Tab dialog box, select Reset Password in the Links section and click Edit.
- From the Access Level list on the Edit Link dialog box, select a role. The selected role as well as roles with a priority value higher than the selected role can reset the passwords of other users through the Self-Service portal.
- Click OK to close the dialog boxes and then save the changes.
Impact on the Self-Service portal:
In the Self-Service portal, the Reset Password node will only be visible to the selected role and roles with a priority value higher than the selected role.
To reset the password of a user, log into the Self-Service portal and click Reset Password.
GroupID Online Help topic: Customizing the Navigation bar