GroupID 8 & above - Synchronize
An employee left the organization. We want to:
- move that user account to a different container and disable it.
- add a text with a function that will show a future date in the Description field. This date will determine when an employee's account would be deleted.
Is it possible to add a future date to the Description field, i.e., the description will be: "User Terminated – Delete On <function for the number of 30 days to add>".
Yes, it is possible by adding a script to a Synchronize job. To move and disable users by means of a Synchronize job, visit this K.B. article, How to Disable user accounts Clear Memberships and Move to a Different Container.
To add the required text to the Description field, follow the steps below.
- In GroupID Management Console, expand the Synchronize node and click All Jobs.
- Double-click a Synchronize job to launch the Edit Job wizard.
- On the Field Map(s) page, click the Transform button for the Description field.
- On the Transform dialog box, click the Edit Script button.
- Copy the following into the Script Editor:
Dim newDate As DateTime = DateTime.Now.AddMonths(1)
DTM.Result = "Terminate user-Delete on " & newDate
- After pasting the script, don’t forget to test it. Click on the toggle at the top of the Script Editor. On the dialog box, click Run Script.
GroupID Online Help