GroupID 9 - Synchronize
I have a Synchronize job to add new users but it also updates information for existing users. I need to limit it to new users only.
GroupID Synchronize jobs are used to synchronize user accounts and their attributes between a source and destination. If you are maintaining a database (destination) that you have already synced with a data source using a Synchronize job, you would also want to keep it updated. A Synchronize job does not only provision new users, but it also updates the information of existing users at the destination.
Suppose the department of a user changes. When you run your Synchronize job, its default behavior is as:
- The job creates new users that were not present at the destination earlier.
- It updates the users whose department has changed, and
- It does not change the rest of the users.
To provision new users while leaving existing users unchanged (whether their information has changed or not), you must select the New Only check box for all fields on the Field Map(s) page of the New Job/Edit Job wizard.
- In GroupID Management Console, expand the Synchronize node, right-click All Jobs, and then select New Job.
- On the Job Template page, select a blank job and click Next.
- On the Select Source page, specify the data source to move data from, enter connection information as required, and click Next.
- On the Select Destination page, specify the data source to move data to. In our example, it is a database.
- On the Sync Object Options page, select the User check box for Object Type and then select the Create option button for it.
- On the Select Fields page, select the fields in the destination that you want
- Use the Field Map(s) page to map the source and destination fields. In the Key column, select at least one field as a unique identifier. In the New Only column, select all the check boxes.
- Go through the remaining pages of the wizard to complete the job.
- Run the job to create only new users.
GroupID Synchronize - User Guide