GroupID 9 - Synchronize
I have a Synchronize job to add new users to a destination and my source is a UTF-8 encoded text file. However, when the job is created, it automatically converts the format from UTF-8 encoded to ANSI, which causes a change in results.
GroupID Synchronize jobs are used to synchronize user accounts and their attributes between a source and destination. By default, GroupID Synchronize converts source format into ANSI. Whenever a txt or csv file is selected as a source in a Synchronize job, schema.ini is automatically created in the folder where the job file is located. Schema.ini is always kept in the same directory as the text data source and it describes how a text data file is formatted. Follow the steps below to import UTF-8 encoded text in its actual format.
- In GroupID Management Console, expand the Synchronize node, right-click All Jobs, and then select New Job.
- On the Job Template page, select a blank job and click Next.
- On the Select Source page, specify the data source from which to move
data, enter connection information as required, and click Next.
- Go to source job file folder; you will find that schema.ini is created automatically.
- Open the schema file in notepad, where you can see that the default character set is ANSI.
- We need to replace the characterSet from ANSI to 65001, as code 65001 refers to UTF-8. You can refer to code page identifier for additional information.
- Save and close the schema file.
- On the Select Destination page of the New Job wizard, specify the data source to move the data to, and click Next.
- On the Sync Object Options page, select the User check box for Object Type, and then select the Create option button for it.
- On the Select Fields page, select the fields in the destination that you want
to synchronize. Go through the remaining pages of the wizard to complete the job.
- Run the job to import UTF-8 encoded text file source in its actual format.
GroupID Synchronize - User Guide