Applies to: -
GroupID 9 and 10
Business Scenario: -
We have defined a custom attribute in active directory, and we want to include that attribute in replication.
- Firstly, you must create the custom attribute in Active Directory schema. There are multiple guides available online which you can used to accomplish this. Let’s say, e.g. we want to create a new custom attribute called campus name in AD for users. You must define this attribute in Active Directory schema and assign it to organizational users.
- Once it is accomplished and attribute appears in the attribute list of users in AD, then on the GroupID machine, open the task scheduler and run the task name schema replication.
- Once this task is completed, open the management console of GroupID and navigate to Identity Store properties -> Replication. Add the custom attribute which we have just created and close the management console after applying the settings: -
- Go to services and restart ElasticSearch and Imanami Replication service
- Open regedit.msc and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Imanami\GroupID\Version 9.0\Replication, click on top replication node
- Now Expand Replication registry, you will see your identity stores here. Go to your domain’s identity store and remove value data from users (since we have added a custom attribute for User class) and hit ok. We are replicating the users from scratch here since we added a new attribute that needs to be loaded in the Elasticsearch.
- Open GroupID Management Console>Replication and click on Start Replication. Now it starts users only replication for your domain. Once done your custom attribute will be added.