GroupID 9 and above
This article applies when both the following conditions are met:
- When you try to connect to a messaging provider and get the error, “Messaging provider is not available. Please check settings.”
- When some kind of “Trusted Host” settings are defined in WinRM.
To verify this condition, go to PowerShell on the GroupID machine and run the command, winrm get winrm/config. In the command’s output, if the trusted host section has some values in it (as highlighted in the image below), then the second condition is also met.
GroupID cannot connect with the messaging provider because Kerberos authentication is not enabled in GroupID Data Service.
Follow these steps to resolve this issue in GroupID 9:
- Navigate to the location:
C:\Program Files\Imanami\GroupID 9.0\GroupIDDataService\Web.config
- Open the file with Notepad++ and add the following line after line 28:
<add key="MessagingProviderAuthType" value="Kerberos" />
- Save the file and close it.
- Open command prompt and type "IISRESET".
- Also restart GroupIDapppool9 from the IIS console.
- Relaunch GroupID Management Console and test the messaging system connectivity. It should be working fine.