GroupID 9 and 10 - Reports
You need a report to view a list of computers running Windows 2012 that are not domain controllers on the network.
The GroupID Reports module is a free reporting tool designed to run reports on Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange/Office 365.
Steps to generate the report:
- In GroupID Management Console, select Reports > By Category > Computers > Computers with Windows 2012 (Non Domain Controllers).
- In the Actions pane, click Create Report. This launches the Create Report wizard.
- On the Introduction page, read the welcome message and click Next.
On the Select View page, select a format for the report and click Next.
By default, the wizard searches the Global Catalog for generating the report. On the Define Scope page, you can limit this scope to a particular container. To do this:
- Click Browse to launch the Select Container dialog box and select the required source container.
- Select the Include sub containers check box to include its sub-containers when reporting.
- In the Edit criteria box, modify the default LDAP filter as required. This filter is used for selecting items from the container.
The Edit Report Fields page displays the fields that will be included in the report.
- To add more fields, click Add. This displays the Add a Field to the Report dialog box where you can select a source field and specify a display name for it.
- You can also remove a field from the report by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to change the order of fields.
On the Select Sort Field page, select the field by which you want to sort the data in the report and click Next.
On the Customize Report page, specify a custom title and a location where you want to save the report. If required, change the default settings.
The Review Selections page displays a summary of the selections made in the previous steps.
- Click Back to go to a previous page and make changes.
- Click Next to generate the report with the existing settings.
Once the wizard completes, click Finish. This will open your report in the selected output format.