GroupID 8, 9, 10 - Self-Service
We would like to enable end-users in the Self-Service portal to get a list of all the semi-private groups in the directory, so that they can select group(s) and request to join them. How can users search or list all the semi-private groups in the portal?
Group security type (private, semi-private, and public) is GroupID’s pseudo property of a group. It determines the privilege of end-users to join/leave a group.
- Private Group: only the group owner can add or remove members from the group. Requests to join or leave the group cannot be submitted.
- Semi-Private Group: requests to join or leave the group can be sent to the group owner.
- Public Group: a public group is open to all users. Users can join and leave a public group without requiring owner permission.
In this article, we will discuss how we can create a search in the Self-Service portal based on group security type.
Steps to Add the Group Security field to the Search Form:
In GroupID Management Console, select Self-Service > Portals > [required portal] > Designs.
Select the name of an identity store. This will take you to the design settings that can be implemented in the Self-Service portal for the identity store.
On the Search Forms tab, select Default and click Edit.
- A dialog box is displayed with a list of fields on the search form and its corresponding search results page. In the Search Form section, click Add.
From the Field drop-down list, select XGroupSecurity and specify a display name for it.
- From the Display Type list, select lstSecurity and click OK.
- Save the changes.
This will add the Group Security field on the Advanced Search page of the Self-Service portal.
In GroupID 8:
In GroupID 10: