GroupID 10 - Notifications
GroupID generates a variety of notifications for different events, such as group management, workflows, and profile validation. These notifications are sent to administrators, object owners, and other specified recipients.
Templates for these email notifications are predefined in GroupID. These templates are highly customizable, enabling you to change the following for each template:
- Subject line
- Message (content and formatting)
Steps to Customize a Notification Template:
- In GroupID Management Console, select Notifications > Notification Editor in the left pane.
The editor displays a list of all notifications that GroupID generates.
- Select an event from the Category list to get a list of notifications pertaining to that event.
You can also specify a search string in the box and click Search; notification names matching the string will be displayed.
- Double-click a notification template to open it for editing.
- Click the HTML or Source tiles in the ribbon to view and edit the notification template in the WYSIWYG or HTML editor respectively.
- You can do the following:
Change the logo
Remove the logo currently displayed and insert a logo of your choice.
- Change the subject line
Click the Title tile.
On the Edit Title dialog box, change the subject line of the notification and click OK.
- Format the notification content
Use the formatting options to format the notification content, such as apply heading styles, change the font and font size, change text alignment, and more.
- Modify the notification content
Make the required changes to the message content.
You can also replace the tags with other relevant tags. By using a tag, you can display an attribute’s value in the notification.
Click the Dictionary tile to view the recommended tags to replace the default tags with.
In the notification templates, variables are appended with an attribute name and enclosed in percentage signs, to display that attribute’s value in a notification. For example, %TARGETOBJECT_DisplayName% will resolve to the display name of the targetobject; %REQUESTOR_mail% would show the email address of the requestor, and so on.
Note: Do not insert tables or custom photos in a notification template.
Click Save to save your changes.
GroupID Online Help topic: Customize GroupID Notifications
How To: Change the default logo of Email Notifications in GroupID