GroupID 8.x - Identity Store
GroupID 8 support Exchange 2010-2016, Office 365 and G Suite to be used as Messaging System. The Messaging System configured in the Identity store will be connected to mail-enable the objects created from GroupID. This article explains the Configuration requirement to use G Suite as Messaging System.
The Service account to configure should have at least Groups Admin Role access. For more details about G Suite administrator roles, read here.
Steps to Configure G Suite:
- Open https://console.developers.google.com in the browser.
- Click Create Project to create a new project.
- Provide a suitable name for the project and click Create.
- Activate the following APIs:
- Admin SDK
- Google Drive API
- Contacts API
- Google Calendar API
- Now we need to create a service account.
- Click on Create credentials.
- Select Service account key.
- Create a service account key.
- Select New service account.
- Provide a suitable name and select P12 as the key type.
- Click the Create button. The P12 Certificate file will be generated. Save this file.
- Select a role as Project Owner and App Engine Admin.
- Click on Manage service account.
- On the following page, select your service account and click Edit.
- Select the Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation option.
- Enter a product name and click Save.
- Go back to Manage Service Account.
- Click the View Client ID link in the Options column and write down the service account email address and client ID for your reference.
- Copy and view client ID information in Notepad.
- Set permissions for the service account.
- Go to your Google Apps domain control panel: https://admin.google.com
- Click on Security.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Click on Manage API Client Access.
- Use the following scope for authorization in the Google Apps Admin Panel (screenshot of where to enter the following scope is given below). Copy Client ID information and paste it against Client name, and add all of the following APIs and Authorize.
- Open the P12 Certificate properties, go to the Security tab and add Everyone (user) with full permissions.
- Launch the GroupID Management Console.
- On the properties page of an identity store, select the Configurations tab and click Messaging System in the left pane.
- Select G Suite from the Messaging Provider list, provide the service account name and specify a username to connect to the account. Next, browse to select and upload the P12 Certificate.
- The Server Name box displays the name of the mail server.
Click Refresh and Test.
- Click OK